Thursday, August 30, 2012

Clean My Face First (pt. deux)

Following the last post, I promised a list of products I used for my daily cleansing routine. 

Morning

First I start with a mild cleanser. I'm have oily yet very sensitive skin, and I'm allergic to..well the world! But the original Cetaphil does the job for me. 



On to toning. I've tried many different brands but I always seem to go back to what my Grandma reccomends, Witch Hazel. Sometimes...most times the generations before us know best. And I will admit, this is one of them. I'm partial to Dickinson's brand, my skin never feels dried out but always balanced after using it. 



To add a bit more moisture I follow up with either a mineral water mist preferably Avene Thermal Spring Water or in summer months when I need a little more help with oil control I opt for Naruko brand Magnolia Brightening and Firming Spray. It adds moisture and vitamin C while also helping balance my skin and provides a great base for my makeup. (FYI, both can be carried with you and used as a refreshing mist through out the day as well)





Like most people (well at least in my mind) I'm on a constant hunt for the perfect moisturizer. One that does its job at moisturizing my skin well, but doesn't leave it feeling greasy or under moisturized. One that will promote healthy looking skin and not lead me into a reaction state that will take me weeks to recover from. Lately I've been thrilled with the results from Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer. It's oil free (+), contains Salicylic Acid which helps fight breakouts and will also keep future ones at bay (+). Not to mention its made with Aveeno's total soy complex which will moisturize, promote even skin tone, soften skin and even fight away unwanted hairs (+++++). What more could you ask for, this stuff is amazing! 




Night

I follow the same routine at night with slight tweaking. 
Cleanse, Tone, Spray with mineral water only and Moisturize. If I feel I need a extra moisture I will replace the Aveeno for Simple Brand Rich Moisturizer. Its not heavy at all but will give you a deeper penetrating feel and its super gentle to skin. 



I follow with petroleum jelly under the eyes. Just a little will help prevent bags from showing up in the morning. I also use a tiny bit on my lashes for extra moisture and lids to help with sleepy time. It really does help, but make sure you have enough hours ahead to get a full nights sleep. The jelly will cause them to be slightly heavy and your snooze button my no longer like you if you have to press it too many times :-).  I've been in love with Vaseline brand Cocoa Butter Petroleum Jelly. It just gives a extra UMPH to the plain boring one we've all been used to for years...and it smells great!




Well there you have it my dears, a run down of my daily routine. I'd love to hear what you all do and why so comment below!

Next week I'll follow up with my weekly facial products combined with a review on STEAMCREAM the All-in-one moisturizer.  We'll see if it lives up to its hype!

Later poptarts ~_^



No comments:

Post a Comment