Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Clean My Face First...


Hello beauties, as promised in the last post a product review would be on its way…well its here…sorta!
Let me explain…

Picture it…
Queens, NY….
2012…

A new blogger (aka me) in an attempt to give her viewers an honest reiview at a quick and easy face mask had a brilliant idea. Why not use the mask on someone who has never tried it so the viewers can see how amazing it really is. Well as circumstance had it, I just happened to have an available face.

Meet Hal, lovingly known as Poop


But before we get to the review lets talk daily/weekly face cleansing routines. In most cases people are very particular about the products they use on their face, I mean after all it like your own personal billboard. And truth be told we want it to look its best always. 

Keeping a routine is beneficial to healthy skin. Of course lets not forget it all starts within, a healthy diet and lots of water are of the utmost importance as well. But having a set daily routine can help you learn your skin, know its likes and dislikes, understand why it becomes temperamental and just won't seem to cooperate when you need it to. 

Cleansing morning and night is a must, and yes I know some of you may think "well, who doesn't do that"...pssshhh, you'd be surprised! Being constantly on the go with work, school, family or just plain 'ole life can leave us all desiring a few extra hours in the day. So after you get home from a long day in the office or a night of partying it up with friends, take a few minutes to wash that gorgeous face of yours. Believe me, your face will thank you. 

Now for post wash, do you tone or go straight to the moisturizer...or just go? If its one of the first two choices then good for you, and if you're one of those that does the latter - tsk, tsk, tsk shame!!!!

Toning, why do we do it really? Some feel its just an extra step or another way cosmetic/beauty companies can push one more product on us, but toning can actually be beneficial. Cleansing is a definite must, but toning will also remove any residual dirt left on your face. Another benefit is that it helps restore the natural pH balance to our face. 

On to the moisturizer, and this is wear a lot of us make our biggest mistake. You must...MUST moisturize. Normal, dry, oily or combination skin type it doesn't matter, be kind to you face and give it the moisture it craves. Remember washing will strip your skin of essential oils and moisture, so its your job to put them back!

In my humble opinion these are daily cannot do without. But now I'm going to throw a wrench into the routine. What about scrubs, peels, masks and the sort. All wonderful to add to your routine, for everyday though...meh...these facial treatments can be saved for every other day, every three days or even once a week. Once you learn what your skin can handle then you make the decision. Just don't forget, your face is delicate, using these treatments every day can be harsh. I know you may feel you get a deeper clean, but if you cleanse regularly you'll be just fine. 


Now what we've all been waiting for!!!!!!!
I mask 2-3 times a week and personally I prefer clay masks. I've been blessed with oily skin (yes, blessed...keeps wrinkles at bay a little longer) and the way it removes all the yucky impurities and blackheads just can't be beat. Especially for a quick and inexpensive at home treatment. 

My preference is the Mint Julep Mask by Queen Helene (can be found...everywhere). I first remove all makeup then apply the mask with a brush all over my face (avoiding the eyes). I let it sit for a good 15-20 min and gently re-moisten by patting a tiny bit of water on my face and remove with a wet cloth using circular motions. I then follow with my usual cleansing routine and OMG talk about smooth skin. Depending on the amount of impurities you may see a little inflammation but don't be alarmed it will fade, usually in about 30 minutes. 

My aim was to see what someone thought about the experience of a clay mask that has never tried it.
*In comes Poop*

She says that's her 'doe-eyed' look

We applied the mask and let it sit, by this time I was being called a picture nazi!!!


Soooo, I resorted to video!
*pardon the hysterical laughter, I couldn't help myself...you'll see why*

I'm a GARGOYLE from Color My Face on Vimeo.

And that ladies and gents is why this is a 'sorta' review! I will say the end result is was successful. She is very happy with her skin and I quote "It feels nice and smooth..like a babies butt..I've never felt a babies butt..and that's my testimonial". I swear you just can't make this stuff up!!!

Thank you for your time again. I'll follow up with a list of products I prefer to use for my routine in a day.

COMING UP NEXT:
Youtube Beauty Expert Spotlight
and the SURPRISE!


**Don't forget to share, subscribe and comment below**

Like on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ColorMyFace





No comments:

Post a Comment